Sunday, July 15, 2007

Batik Batik Batik...

I thought it would be fun to post a picture from each step of the batik process.

Lightest Value and First Wax Layer:


Medium Value Dye:


Darkest Value with Second Layer of Wax:


After Ironing/ Finished Batik:


I decided to experiment with crazing and splattering to make it more "batik-like. I also changed the color choices from the sketch, and I'm happy with the way it turned out!

I had a great time with this project, and I think there will be many more batiks in my future :)

2 Comments:

At July 16, 2007 at 11:14 PM , Blogger Nomi said...

it's so intricate and detailed. I Love it Jillian!!!

 
At July 17, 2007 at 9:30 PM , Blogger Nettrice said...

Now this is a batik...great job! I am happy to see the process and you are truly mastering the techniques to achieve the textured batik look.

I am happy that you have found a way to work with and around your color/value palette, as well.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home