Friday, June 15, 2007

Favorite Things Assignment


Form Project

I chose fabric, journaling and flowers as three of my favorite things. I attempted to create balance and harmony by having the rulers frame the top and bottom of the image. The orchids are placed on opposite corners of the space, curving in opposing directions to create movement within the piece. The wire frame was added to keep the eye moving in a circular direction. The pencil sketch is an excerpt from one of my journals. I chose this particular page because the drawing was of a bouquet of flowers and I wanted to keep to that theme.

1 Comments:

At June 17, 2007 at 12:34 PM , Blogger Nettrice said...

Nice work! De-centering the main subject can result in more interesting compositions but there is something so safe about the center. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home